We Provide Timely Emergency Dentistry Services
Dental emergencies, such as a fractured or missing tooth, can occur suddenly and at very inconvenient times. Drs. Mark Luria and Rena Allswang understand the panic and stress associated with urgent dental concerns. Whenever possible, they strive to provide same-day emergency dentistry at their Dearborn, MI, practice. However, before you even come into the office, we can help you minimize damage with appropriate at-home care. At Dearborn Family Dentistry, we offer a full range of services, including crowns, fillings, extractions, and root canal therapy. We use our state-of-the-art technology to evaluate your tooth and determine the most appropriate treatment for your needs. After restoring your oral health and function, we can provide cosmetic dentistry to reestablish your beautiful smile.
Types of Dental Emergencies
As a true family practice, we are ready to treat all types of emergencies including:
- Tooth loss: Teeth that have been knocked out are one of the most common dental emergencies, largely because of sports injuries. Fortunately, we can often save your natural tooth if it has been properly cleaned and cared for. If you cannot place it back in the socket, hold the tooth by the crown and place it in a container of milk or saltwater until you come into the office.
- Broken tooth: The protocol for a broken tooth is similar to a knocked out tooth. If you keep the broken piece safe and moisturized, we may be able to bond it back in place.
- Fractured or missing crown: Typically, we will need to replace a compromised dental crown. In the meantime, you can use mild anti-inflammatories to control any discomfort. Nonetheless, it is important to schedule an appointment as soon as possible, as the tooth below your crown may have sustained damage.
- Toothache: A toothache is most often due to dental infection or a cavity. Mild medications, ice packs, and soft foods can ease inflammation. You should avoid using heating pads, as they can actually encourage bacterial growth.
- Chipped or cracked tooth: Avoid biting down on a cracked tooth, as this can cause the crack to expand, potentially compromising the entire structure.
Emergency services are available to both existing and new patients, so if you are suffering because of a dental emergency, we urge you to call us as soon as possible.
At Dearborn Family Dentistry, we offer a full range of services, including crowns, fillings, extractions, and root canal therapy. We use our state-of-the-art technology to evaluate your tooth and determine the most appropriate treatment for your needs.
Emergency Treatment at Dearborn Family Dentistry
When you come in for your appointment, we will examine your teeth and gums using digital x-rays and other technology. With these detailed images, we can plan and execute your treatment.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are appropriate for many types of emergencies, including broken teeth and very large cavities. We have an on-site lab, so we can create crowns very quickly.
- Fillings: If your toothache is due to decay, a filling is the most common solution. Tooth-colored materials can provide pleasing aesthetic results and restore function to your tooth.
- Root canal therapy: Alternatively, we may treat a toothache with a root canal, also known as endodontic therapy. Your dentist can eliminate dental infection by cleaning out your tooth and topping it with a dental crown.
- Extractions: As a last resort, and only if no other option is appropriate, we may recommend tooth removal. We do our best to ensure your comfort when we perform tooth extractions. Following a tooth extraction, we can provide advanced restorations to replace any missing teeth.
Once we have restored your overall oral heath, we can perform a number of cosmetic procedures to repair any aesthetic damage. Porcelain veneers and dental bonding are two of the more common procedures we perform to restore your smile.
Choose Us for Your Urgent Care
At Dearborn Family Dentistry, we forge lasting relationships with our patients, and we truly care about their well-being. We want to ease discomfort and anxiety as soon as possible. Therefore, we frequently offer same-day appointments to both new and existing patients. We have a history of satisfied patients with healthy smiles who continue on with us for the care that they and their families need. If you are suffering from significant discomfort or some other dental emergency, call our office at (313) 565-5507 or contact us online to receive outstanding, timely treatment.