Conservatively Treat Minor Cosmetic Blemishes with Dental Bonding
Conservative dental bonding performed at Dearborn Family Dentistry in Dearborn Heights, MI can make a big difference to the aesthetic of your smile. This cosmetic procedure can conceal small chips, cracks, and gaps in one convenient office visit. Drs. Mark Luria, Bruce Luria, and Rena Allswang offer many cosmetic treatments to enhance your appearance. Our entire team values quality patient care and is committed to serving our community with compassion and professionalism.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a versatile procedure that can serve both cosmetic and restorative needs. A tooth-colored composite resin material can be used to conceal aesthetic imperfections or fill small cavities. Bonding is a common technique used in several different procedures, and it is often combined with other treatments to achieve optimal results. Composite resin blends in seamlessly with your surrounding teeth, resulting in a brilliant, natural-looking smile.
Dental Bonding vs. Porcelain Veneers
Cosmetic dental bonding and porcelain veneers are both utilized to improve the aesthetics of your smile. However, there are a few major differences between the two. Veneers require the removal of natural enamel in order to prepare your teeth for the restorations. As a non-invasive option, dental bonding does not require prepping the teeth, and is generally more cost-effective than alternative treatments.
Dental bonding is a straightforward, conservative treatment method that results in a dramatically beautiful outcome.
Candidacy for Dental Bonding
If you have good dental health and simply wish to conceal minor aesthetic flaws, dental bonding can offer many advantages. Common aesthetic issues that can be addressed with cosmetic dental bonding include:
- Discolored Teeth: Certain types of staining cannot be resolved with professional teeth whitening. In these cases, custom-shaded dental bonding can be used to mask discoloration. Some orthodontic patients choose to have dental bonding performed after their braces are removed to further enhance their new smile.
- Chipped Teeth: Superficial chips in the tooth surface can have a negative impact on the appearance of your smile. Dental bonding can be used to restore a tooth to its original size and shape.
- Misshapen Teeth: Cosmetic dental bonding can make teeth appear longer or wider, altering their shape as necessary.
- Gaps or Spacing: Dental bonding can reduce or altogether eliminate gaps between the teeth.
- Slightly Crooked Teeth: Minor misalignment can be addressed with dental bonding. By strategically shaping the composite resin material, it can mask a crooked tooth, making it appear flush with the adjacent teeth.
- Small Fractures: Minor dental fractures caused from bruxism (teeth grinding) can be repaired with the use of dental bonding.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Cosmetic dental bonding offers many advantages. Because the results are instantaneous, you can leave our office with a gorgeous new smile after one appointment. Dental bonding is a straightforward, conservative treatment method that results in a dramatically beautiful outcome. Your radiant new smile can help you achieve the confidence and self-esteem you need to put your best foot forward.
Schedule an Appointment with Us Today
If you are self-conscious about cosmetic flaws in your smile, schedule a consultation with one of our doctors. We can help you determine if dental bonding will meet your aesthetic needs. At Dearborn Family Dentistry, we are dedicated to providing high quality, comprehensive dental care in a friendly and comfortable environment. Our team is here to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have. Call our office at (313) 565-5507 or contact us online.
Our dentists are passionate about helping patients. Drs. Mark Luria, Bruce Luria, and Rena Allswang all began careers in dentistry to improve not only their patients' smiles, but also the quality of their lives.- Dearborn Family Dentistry