Restore Your Smile with
Full Mouth Reconstruction
If you are suffering from multiple oral health conditions, our team at Luria & Birnholtz Family Dentistry can design a full mouth reconstruction plan to restore aesthetics and functionality to your smile. This treatment can feature any number of restorative procedures to address your needs, including dental implants, restorations, and composite fillings. By combining several therapies, we can increase the efficiency of treatment and often reduce the overall cost. We strive to help our Livonia, MI, patients achieve optimal oral health and work closely with patients to lay the foundations for a stronger smile.
Often singular oral health issues can result in multiple dental complications. Grinding your teeth can destroy tooth enamel and trigger temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), periodontal disease can cause gum recession, and tooth loss can result in jawbone atrophy. A full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative procedures into a single treatment plan, so we can address all conditions simultaneously. Combining procedures can not only increase efficiency, but it can also lower the overall cost of treatment.
The purpose of a full mouth reconstruction is to repair the form and function of your smile. To do so, we can incorporate:
- Dental Bridges: Bridges replace one or more missing teeth in a row by bridging the gap with a porcelain prosthetic.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns fit directly over the tooth to protect it from future damage or infection.
- Dental Implants: Implant posts are embedded directly in the jaw and replace the tooth roots. They can support a variety of restorations.
- Dentures: This prosthetic replaces most or all of your teeth on your upper or lower arch. Dentures can either rest atop the gums or be anchored to dental implants.
- Extractions: During this procedure, we can remove one or more teeth compromised by damage or decay.
- Periodontal Care: This series of therapies is designed to eliminate both the cause and effects of gum disease.
- Root Canal Therapy: This procedure involves removing infected soft tissue from inside a tooth to protect it from loss or extraction.
- Sleep Apnea Therapy: This treatment plan can improve your ability to breathe at night.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: These restorations repair minor structural damage caused by tooth decay.
- Veneers: These thin porcelain shells are placed over a tooth to conceal minor imperfections, such as chips, cracks, and stains.
Our team can review your oral health needs to determine which procedures to include in your treatment.
What to Expect
During your consultation, we can perform a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and jawbone. We may also take x-rays or advanced digital images for a comprehensive picture of your smile. We can then review your medical history and your goals for treatment. Based upon this information, we can recommend the best procedures suited to your needs, preferences, and lifestyle. We can also provide you with an estimated timeline for treatment and review your phased treatment plan options.
A full mouth reconstruction can take any where from several weeks to one or more years. The precise length of treatment will depend heavily on which services are included. However, our doctors may be able to combine more than one procedure into a single appointment. If necessary, we can also coordinate your treatment with local specialists to provide specific therapies.
Lay the Foundations for a Healthier Smile
Our dentists are passionate about helping patients. Drs. Mark Luria, Bruce Luria, and Rena Allswang all began careers in dentistry to improve not only their patients' smiles, but also the quality of their lives.- Dearborn Family Dentistry