Family Dentistry: Skillfully Serving Both Children and Adults
Drs. Mark Luria and Rena Allswang are proud to provide exceptional care at Dearborn Family Dentistry in Dearborn, MI, helping you and your family achieve and maintain healthy, beautiful smiles.
We understand the unique dental needs that patients face at every life stage, and we are equipped to treat patients ranging from age three to seniors. We strive to provide your family with the same care that we would want for our loved ones, and to establish an ongoing relationship in which we help you and your family enjoy a lifetime of excellent oral health.
Establishing a routine of conscientious dental care early in your child’s life, along with teaching proper brushing and flossing skills, is important not only for your child's oral health but also for his or her overall health.
Our kind, compassionate staff excels at helping young patients feel comfortable at the dentist. We typically begin treating patients at age three, but we can see younger patients if issues arise.
Our pediatric dentistry services include:
- Regular cleanings: Bringing your child to our office every six months for cleanings and exams helps to prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Dental sealants: A dental sealant is a thin plastic coating that your dentist can paint on the chewing surfaces of teeth, usually the molars, to help protect against cavities.
- Fluoride treatments: Applying fluoride directly to your childrens' teeth can help prevent tooth decay, as fluoride fortifies dental enamel.
- Cavity treatment: Our dentists can gently repair your child's cavity with a tooth-colored filling.
We do not provide sedation for our pediatric patients.
We understand the unique dental needs that patients face at every life stage, and we are equipped to treat patients ranging from age three to seniors.
Treatments for Adults
In addition to providing regular checkups sand exams for adults and seniors, we also provide a wide range of restorative treatments to address decay and trauma:
- Bonding: This simple cosmetic procedure is a cost-effective way of hiding imperfections such as chips and discoloration by applying a durable, tooth-colored resin to the affected area.
- Bone grafting: Following tooth loss, the jawbone will naturally begin to recede. When necessary, we can perform bone grafting to rebuild the jaw and restore your candidacy for dental implants.
- Bridges: If you are missing one or more teeth, a bridge can restore your smile by filling in the gaps.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that fortify a tooth following treatment for decay or trauma. Crowns can also replace a missing tooth in conjunction with a dental implant.
- Dental implants: Following tooth loss, a dental implant can replace the tooth root and support a crown, bridge, or denture. Placing implants typically requires one surgeriy with four to six months of healing time. If you wish to learn more about this treatment, we offer regular implant seminars.
- Dentures: For patients who are missing most or all of their teeth, we provide both traditional and implant-supported dentures.
- Extractions: If you have teeth that are decayed or damaged, we can perform minimum to no discomfort extractions to restore your oral health. We also perform wisdom teeth extractions on a case by case basis.
- Periodontal treatment: We offer specialized treatments to prevent and eliminate gum disease.
We offer nitrous oxide to our adult patients.
Entrust Us with Your Family’s Smiles
We are equipped to help every member of your family achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment, and learn more about the array of treatments that our expert team can provide.